Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm

1721 Valley Forge Road P.O. Box 767
Worcester PA 19490

Office: 610-584-1410

Fax: 610-584-8901

Connect With Us: facebook icon  twitter icon


Where is the Township Administration Building located?

We are located at 1721 Valley Forge Road in-between Heebner Park and Worcester Volunteer Fire Department.  Click here for a map and directions to the administrative office and public works department.

What are your hours?

The Administration Office is open Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.  The Public Works office is open until 3:30 pm.

Who do I call for trash and yard waste collection?

Trash collection is private in Worcester Township - residents are responsible for contracting individually with a trash hauler of their choice.

A list of trash haulers can be found here.

Does the Township provide Leaf Collection Services?

Private haulers that provide trash service are required, by township ordinance, to provide two leaf pick-up services per year to their Worcester customers.  The township does NOT require that they charge an extra fee for this service. Contact your private hauler for details on what this entails and the applicable dates. 

The township itself does not provide these services, and is not notified of specific collection dates from the private haulers.

Who do I contact for tax collection?

School, County, and Township Real Estate Taxes
Patricia Gramm
1432 Grange Avenue
P.O. Box 97
Worcester, PA 19490
*Please note that Patricia Gramm does not work out of the Township's Administration building, and instead should be reached by phone or email.

Earned Income Tax (EIT)
The EIT is collected by Berkheimer Tax Administrator, a professional collection firm, under contract by the municipality and school district.

Where do I vote?

Worcester Township is divided into 4 districts, with 4 polling places.

Please visit the Voter Services page for a Worcester Township Voting District Map and links to Montgomery County Voter Resources.  Montgomery County Voter Services can answer additional registration questions, and other voter-related questions.

Are Use and Occupancy Permits required for re-sales?

No, Use and Occupancy Permits are no longer required for residential re-sales.
They are, however, required for residential new construction and commercial buildings.

Can Township and park facilities be reserved?

Yes, both pavilions in Heebner Park and athletic fields throughout the Township can be reserved with specific guidelines. The Worcester Community Hall is also available for non-profit groups based in Worcester (no food is allowed inside the building).  Each has a different application process, set of guidelines, and related fees. 

Please click here for more information.

How do I get a dead animal in the road cleared?

The Township does not remove dead animals in any roadway - depending on the road it is either PennDOT or the Pennsylvania Game Commission's responsibility (610-926-3136).

Please utilize the below list when confirming which entity to call when submitting a roadway concern.

How do I find out my property lines?

If your deed does not provide enough information, it is then suggested that you contact a surveyor to assist you with this matter.

For more information on your deed, please contact Montgomery County - Recorder of Deeds by clicking here.

What are my setbacks?

Setbacks will vary depending on which Zoning District you reside in.  You must first determine which zoning district you reside in by going here.

Now that you have your Zoning District, the setbacks are laid out here.

Where can I find the searchable Township code?

What type of fences am I allowed to install?

How do I know if I need a permit?

Check with the appropriate building and zoning staff before you make alterations to your home or business.  Permit applications are available online and at the Township office.  Permit applications can be found here.

You will need a permit for:
  • New buildings and additions.
  • Decks, patios, or porches.
  • Sheds, garages, barns, gazebos, greenhouses, or other accessory structures.
  • Fences.
  • Interior alterations, including but not limited to, finished basements, bathroom remodeling, and more.
  • Driveways, including but not limited to, new construction entering a Township road and widening.
  • Structural repair or replacement.
  • New or replacement of an electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system.
  • Signs.
  • Grading for areas in excess of 500 square feet, including septic system repair and replacement.
  • Changes in existing building use or occupancy.
  • Decorative walls/ driveway entrance columns.
  • Retaining walls over four feet.
  • Swimming pools, spas, or hot tubs.
  • Solicitation.
  • Tennis and sport courts.
  • Demolition.

*Disclaimer: The above list of permits is not all inclusive. If you have a specific Zoning and/or Building question - please contact the Township.

How do I get a copy of a plot plan for a property?

If you would like to view an electronic tax map of your property, they are available online through the Montgomery County Property Records webpage.

If you are seeking more specific records, please submit a "Right to Know" request form to the Township, which can be found online here.  The property file will be pulled and inspected to find the documentation that you are looking for.  Please be as specific as possible in regards to the records you are looking for. Note: An agency has five business days to respond to a request upon receipt.

What are the regulations for yard sales?

Yard sales are limited to a two day duration, one time each year and must be at least 30 days apart. Signs can be posted two days prior to the first day of sale, and must be removed the last day of sale. No more than three off-site signs permitted and they must have property owners approval.

A permit from the township is required with a $5.00 fee, along with a separate $25.00 security deposit to ensure the removal of all signs. The security deposit will be returned or shredded at the conclusion of the sale to ensure that all flyers and handbills are taken down.  A permit application may be picked up at the township office, or is available here.

Is open burning allowed in the Township?

It is not permissible to burn leaves, yard waste, or other materials in Worcester Township, Montgomery County. Worcester Township's Recycling Ordinance located in Chapter 116 of the Codified Ordinance requires waste to be recycled and not burned.  The Department of Environmental Protection has the following exemption for open buring (Pennsylvania Code § 129.14): A fire set in conjunction with the production of agricultural commodities in their unmanufactured state on the premises of the farm operation.

-To properly dispose of recyclables, please refer to the County’s recycling dates found here.
-To find out specific dates for the curbside collection of yard debris – please contact your private hauler directly.  They are required to offer one curb side collection each spring and fall per the Township’s ordinance found here.
-To properly dispose of yard waste and leaves, please contact Barnside Compost Facility at 610-287-8880, or visit their website for more information.  They are a DEP approved drop off location in Schwenksville.
-To read the Township’s “Solid Waste Management and Recycling Ordinance” (2003-193) in full – please click here.

For information on recycling, please visit our recycling information page. Please contact the Township directly at 610-584-1410 for questions or concerns.

What happens if a Worcester Plow damages my mailbox?

If a Worcester Plow directly hits a mailbox during snow removal, we will reimburse the resident upon verification.  If snow or buildup damages the mailbox, we do not reimburse.  Mailboxes are installed at your own risk within the right-of-way.  To be sure your mailbox is installed correctly, contact your local Postmaster for installation guidelines ahead of time.

If your mailbox is struck by a Township vehicle, please complete the Damaged Mailbox Reimbursement Request Form within two weeks of incident.

How do I know who plows and maintains my road?

Worcester Township's roads are a combination of Township, State, Private, HOA, and County-owned and maintained roads.  Please utilize the below list when confirming which entity to call when submitting a roadway concern.

How do I dispose of latex paint?

Latex paint is not considered a hazardous material because it is water-based. To properly dispose of such materials, there are several options that you have. Simply opening the can and allowing the paint to dry out will work. Also, painting old newspaper and allowing the substance to dry will allow you to simply throw the materials in the trash. Sand, sawdust and clay-based kitty litter may also be used to absorb the latex paint and dry the liquid.  Empty latex paint cans may be disposed of in your trash.  

Latex paint will NOT be accepted at any of the Household Hazardous Waste Events.

How do I recycle electronics?

The Township itself does not hold regulary scheduled electronic collection events.  The Township does its best to advertise third-party recycling events on its social media and webpages.

Montgomery County will also not be holding electronic recycling events in 2016.  Although state law requires electronics manufacturers to offer recycling opportunities for TVs and computers, those manufacturers are no longer sponsoring county recycling collections in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. Concern about the lack of county collection events should be directed to the appropriate State Representative and Senator. An amendment to the state electronics recycling law, called the Covered Device Recycling Act, is needed to ensure the availability of recycling outlets.