Current Legal Notices:
The Worcester Township Board of Supervisors will conduct a Public Hearing at 7:30PM on August 16, 2017 at Community Hall, 1031 Valley Forge Rd, Fairview Village, to consider Ordinance 2017-270, an ordinance to establish regulations as to the design, permitting, siting, construction, maintenance and removal of Tower-Based and Non-Tower Based Wireless Communication Facilities (WCFs). The Ordinance also sets additional standards for certain WCFs located outside and in public rights-of-way. The Ordinance is available for inspection at the Montgomery County Law Library, Township Building, Times Herald offices, and worcestertwp.com. Copies are available at cost at the Township Building, 1721 Valley Forge Rd, Worcester, PA, M-F, 7AM-4:30PM. By Board Order Tommy Ryan, Township Manager.
WORCESTER TOWNSHIP ZONING HEARING BOARD
NOTICE: Per §150-224 Worcester Township Zoning Ordinance, as amended ("Zoning Ordinance"), the Worcester Township Zoning Hearing Board will conduct public hearings on July 25, 2017, at 6:30PM at the Worcester Township Community Hall, 1031 Valley Forge Rd., Fairview Village, PA, regarding the following applications:
Application 17-07 William & Maureen Thompson, 2506 Spring Creek Road, Worcester Twp., PA, 19446, TPN #67-00-02665-01-3, owners of record of said property located in the AGR Zoning District, seek a variance from Township Code §150-12.B(1) to permit a lot width less than 250 feet.
Application 17-08 William & Mary Jo DeRosato, 2650 and 2656 Bean Road, Worcester Twp., PA, 19403, TPN #67-00-00151-00-7 and 67-00-00150-90-8, owners of record of said property located in the AGR Zoning District, seek a use variance from Section 150-11 of the Township Code, or in the alternative, an interpretation and/or variance under Section 150-9 of the Township Code governing a No Impact Home-Based Business, or in the alternate a variance by estoppel, to allow a construction services company to be operated at the property.
Application 17-09 George & Tara Leming, 1899 Cassel Road, Worcester Twp., PA, 19446, TPN #67-00-02648-25-4, owners of record of said property located in the AGR Zoning District, seek a variance from Township Code §150-182.A, to allow a fence greater than four feet in height within a setback to a property line.
The Applications may be examined at the Township Office, 1721 Valley Forge Rd., M-F, 7AM to 4:30PM. At the time of the hearings any person or party interested will have full opportunity to be heard. The Board reserves the right to conduct such other business as may come before it. Persons with a disability who wish to attend the public hearings and require an accommodation to participate in the hearing should contact Worcester Township at 610-584-1410.
WORCESTER TOWNSHIP ZONING HEARING BOARD
Michael R. Libor, Chairman
Michael E. Furey, Solicitor
No Upcoming Conditional Use Hearings
2017 Zoning Application Notices
- 17-01:1152 Valley Forge Rd in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking a variance from §150-11 of the Zoning Ordinance to allow two (2) residential dwelling units in the existing barn on the property, in addition to the two (2) existing nonconforming dwelling units in the farmhouse, for a total of four (4) dwelling units on the property.
- 17-02: 1012 Windy Hill Road in the R-100 Zoning District. Seeks a variance pursuant to Township Code Section 150-69.C(1) and 150-177.A(2), so to locate a detached garage in a side yard.
- 17-03: 2581 Skippack Pike in the LPD Zoning District. Seek a special exception pursuant to Township Code Section 150-163, so to change an existing and legal non-conforming Manufacturing use to a Storage or Warehousing use
2016 Zoning Application Notices
16-01: 2110 Wentz Church Road
in the LPD Zoning District. Seeking relief for the expansion of an existing, non-conforming stucture on the property.16-02: 2934 Township Line Road
in the R-175 Zoning District. Seeking a special exception pursuant to §150-9.A., definition of “Family” to permit as a family a single housekeeping unit that includes four persons not related by blood, marriage or legal adoption.16-03: 1890 Blattner Road
in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking a variance from section §150-181.C, to construct a roof over a patio/deck that encroaches a rear yard set back.
: 3389 Saddle Wood Court
in the LPD District. Seeking a variance from §150-177.A(3) to allow a pool & pool equipment within a setback.16-06
: 2705 Applewood Drive in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking a Variance from §150-181.C to allow an encroachment of a roofed patio, and a portion of an unroofed patio, within a setback.16-07
: 1879 Cassel Road
in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking a variance from §150-177.A(3) to allow an encroachment of a pool within a setback.
2015 Zoning Application Notices
- 15-01 3238 Germantown Pike in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking relief to permit a youth baseball & softball fundamentals training facility.
- 15-02 4166 Ironbridge Drive in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking relief to permit a an approximate 40' front yard setback rather than the required 75' and special exception to 150.166.B to permit nonforming use.
- 15-03 2959 Potshop Road in the R-175 Zoning District. Seeking relief to permit a garage built within the front and side yard set backs.
- 15-04 3455 Germantown Pike in the AGR Zoning District. Seeking relief to extend a variance previously granted by the Zoning Hearing Board.
2014 Zoning Application Notices
- 14-01 1201 North Trooper Road. Variance from 150-37(C)(1) to permit the construction of a garage at the property which will project 20 into side yard setback
- 14-02 Lot #96, Germantown Pike. Relief to permit the construction of a single family residence on an existing undersized lot
- 14-04 1340 Dell Road. Variance from 150-182(B) to permit pillars located in the front yard setback which are 48 and 54 in height, rather than the permitted 30 in height
- 14-05 3040 Woodlyn Road. Variance from 150-12.B. to permit a lot width of less than 250 to allow a rear portion of 1270 Dell Road to be combined with 3040 Woodlyn Road
- 14-06 2131 Bethel Road. Variance from 150-12.B.(2) for Lots 1 & 2, to permit a lot width at the street lines of 25 rather than the required 250; and B. Variance from 150-17.B. to permit a driveway within 300 of another driveway; and C. Variance from150-155.B. to permit a driveway within 100 of an intersection.
- 14-08 1690 Valley Forge Road. Variance from 150-35, Use Regulations, to permit yoga & Pilates classes at the premises as a home occupation.
2013 Zoning Application Notices
- 13-01 2293 Weigner Road. RELIEF HAS BEEN REQUESTED FROM SECTION 150-77(A) TO PERMIT A FRONT YARD SETBACK OF 38 FEET RATHER THAN THE REQUIRED 50 FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF AN ADDITION AT THE PROPERTY
- 13-02 3025 West Germantown Pike. RELIEF HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO PERMIT A CHANGE IN USE OF THE PROPERTY: VARIANCE FROM SECTION 150-67 TO PERMIT A CHANGE FROM THE CURRENT OFFICE SPACE USE TO OFFICE SPACE/ YOGA STUDIO USE; VARIANCE FROM SECTION 150-148(A) TO PERMIT A 12.2 SQUARE FEET SIGN THAT IS 60 INCHES IN HEIGHT AND 40 INCHES IN WIDTH HELD BY 4 INCH BY 4 INCH PILLAR POSTS AND WILL BE EXTERNALLY LIT; VARIANCE FROM SECTION 150-186 TO PERMIT A SIGN TO BE LOCATED IN THE ULTIMATE RIGHT-OF-WAY.
- 13-03 2592 Morris Road. RELIEF HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO PERMIT A Variance from 150-182(A) of the Ordinance to permit a 6 high fence within the side and rear yard setbacks at the property.
- 13-04 1190 Valley Forge Road. Relief to permit the replacement of a damaged sign which does not conform to area, height, setback, width and yard coverage regulations
- 13-05 2531 Long Meadow Road. Variance from 150-177 A. (3) to permit the construction of a pool 15 from the rear property line and 17 and 30, respectively, from the side property lines.
- 13-06 3445 Germantown Pike. Variance for relief to permit the expansion of the existing use on the property with the construction of a 2 story building for vocational/technical classrooms and offices.
- 13-07 2115 Weber Road. Variance for relief to permit parking in side and front yard setbacks, expansion of existing improvements and structural expansion.
- 13-08 1035 Nicole Drive. Variance to permit a fence at a height of 6 feet and within 1 foot of the property line.
- 13-09 2534 Acorn Lane. Variance to permit the construction of a non-conforming structure into the rear yard setback.
- 13-10 1001 Kriebel Mill Road. Variance to permit the construction of scoreboard at the high school baseball field
- 13-11 342 Germantown Pike. Variance to permit the construction of 6' high privacy fence
- 13-16 2221 Weber Road. Variance to permit a side yard setback of 20 rather than the required 35 and variance to permit a garage to encroach on the side yard setback and be partially located outside of the building envelope
- 13-17 3455 Germantown Pike. Variance to permit an extension of time for the zoning relief granted under Application No. 13-06 in order to obtain land development approval from Worcester Township for the project
2012 Zoning Application Notices
- 12-01 A variance to permit cooking facilities in the proposed addition for an in-law suite.
- 12-02 A variance to permit two building lots, one undersized.
- 12-03 A variance to permit commercial uses as outlined.
- 12-04 Center Square Associates, Inc. A variance to permit the center portion of a sign to have changeable copy and to allow a sign greater in area than what is permitted.
- 12-05 3036 Griffith Road, Norristown, PA, owner of the property in the R-175 District, for a Variance from 150-37 C (1) to permit a side yard setback of 28.5 rather than the required 35 for the construction of a covered patio at the property
- 12-06 2272 Valley Forge Road for relief to permit the conversion of the existing office building into an in-law suite
- 12-07 Southfield Farms Center Square Associates, Inc. a Variance from 150-177 to permit the construction of a new stable within 81 of the property line
- 12-08 2974 Germantown Pike. A variance to permit Appeal from the Zoning Officers Enforcement Notice that the pole barn/warehouse building erected for use by a landscaping business is not permitted by the Ordinance; alternatively a determination that the business is permitted by right; and alternatively an interpretation that the permit issued in 1997 permits the use of the subject property and building for the repair of vehicles associated with the landscaping business, by right, vested right and/or by estoppel; Special Exception pursuant to 150-166B to permit the expansion of an existing non-conforming use on the property; Special Exception pursuant to 150-163 to change a non-conforming use to a use of the same, or more restrictive, zoning classification; and/or Variance from 150-112 to permit the operation of a landscaping/snowplowing business out of the subject property and building
2011 Zoning Application Notices
- 11-14 A Variance to permit the construction of a 1620 sq. ft. pole barn, 1555 sq. ft. of additional impervious stone driveway and a privacy fence.