Township Residents May Need A Permit For:
· New buildings and additions
· Grading for areas in excess of 500 square feet including septic system repair and replacement
· Changes in existing building use or occupancy
· Interior alterations, including but not limited to finished basements
· Structural repair or replacement
· New or replacement of an electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system
· Wood decks, concrete patios, or porches
· Roofing or replacement
· Driveways, including but not limited to new construction entering a township road and widening
· Decorative walls/ Driveway Entrance Columns
· Swimming pools, spas, or hot tubs
· Sheds, garages, barns, gazebos, greenhouses, or other accessory structures
· Tennis and sport courts
· Retaining walls over 4 feet
An owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a residential building or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace an electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the Uniform Construction Code shall first apply to the Building Code Official and obtain the required permit §403.62a (relating to permit application).
All permits submitted to Worcester Township are first reviewed for compliance with Zoning – Chapter 150. The building department then reviews the permit application for compliance with the Uniform Construction Code.
DISCLAIMER – THE ABOVE LIST OF PERMITS IS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE. PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWNSHIP WITH ZONING & BUILDING QUESTIONS
Have a question for the building department? Please visit our administrative contact page.
For zoning applications, please visit zoning.
To submit an appeal to the UCC Board of Appeals, please submit the UCC Board of Appeals form.
The following files are in PDF format. To download Adobe Acrobat reader, please visit Adobe.com.
Sign up for e-news!
Receive regular e-mail updates from Worcester Township.