Skip to content
How Do I...?


Where is the Township Administration Building located?

We are located at 1721 Valley Forge Road, between Heebner Park and the Worcester Volunteer Fire Department. View a map and directions to the Township Building and Public Works compound.

When is the Township Building open?

The Township Building is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The Public Works office is open until 3:30 pm.

Who do I call for refuse, recycling and yard waste collection?

In Worcester Township residents are responsible for contracting individually with a refuse, recycling and yard waste hauler of their choice. A list of haulers can be found on the Refuse & Recycling page.

Does the Township provide yard waste collection services?

Private haulers that provide trash service are required, by Township Code and State Law, to provide at least two yard waste pick-up services per year. The Township does not require haulers to charge an extra fee for this service - any fees charged are determined by the hauler. Contact your hauler for collection details and dates.

Who do I contact for tax collection?

School, County, and Township Real Estate Taxes
Patricia Gramm
1432 Grange Avenue
Post Office Box 97
Worcester, PA 19490
(610) 489-4070

Please note that Patricia Gramm does not have an office at the Township Building. She is available telephone or e-mail.

Earned Income Tax (EIT)
The EIT is collected by Berkheimer Tax Administrator, a professional collection firm, under contract by the Montgomery County Tax Collection Committee.

Where do I vote?

Worcester Township is divided into four districts, and each possesses a polling place. Please visit the Voter Services page for a Worcester Township Voting District Map and links to Montgomery County Voter Resources. Montgomery County Voter Services can answer voter registration and other election-related questions.

Are Use and Occupancy Permits required for re-sales?

Use and Occupancy Permits are not required for the re-sale of existing residential properties. Use and Occupancy Permits are required at the time of the sale of new residential construction and at the re-sale of non-residential buildings.

Can Township and park facilities be reserved?

Yes. The pavilions in Heebner Park and athletic fields throughout the Township can be reserved. The Worcester Township Community Hall is also available for non-profit groups that are based in Worcester. Each rental has a different application process, set of guidelines, and related fees. Please view the Rental Facilities page for more information.

How do I get a dead deer removed from the road?

The Township does not remove deer from any roadway.

If the deer is on a State-owned road, PennDOT will collect the animal. If the deer is on a Township-owned road or a County-owned road, the animal will be collected by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. And if the deer is on a private road, the road owner is responsible for the animal's removal.

A list of all roads in the Township, road owners, and public road contact information may be viewed below:

How do I locate my property lines?

The Township may have a record plan for your property if your property was subdivided after 1995. Contact the Township Building at (610) 584-1410 for more information.

The Township will likely not have a record plan for older properties. And if your deed does not provide enough information to identify the lot lines, we recommend residents contract for a survey.

What are my property setbacks?

Setbacks vary by zoning district, and by the type of structure or improvement. If you know the zoning district, view a searchable on-line version of the Township Code. Nearly all setback information is located in Chapter 150 - Zoning, in the applicable zoning district chapter or in Section 150-177. If you don't know the zoning district, or if you can't find the information needed, contact the Township Building at (610) 584-1410.

Where can I view the Township Code?

You can view the Township Code online.

How do I know if I need a permit?

Permits are needed for...

  • New buildings and additions
  • Decks, patios, or porches
  • Sheds, garages, barns, gazebos, greenhouses, or other accessory structures
  • Fences.
  • Interior alterations, including but not limited to, finished basements, bathroom remodeling, and more
  • New driveways (but not resurfacing)
  • Structural repair or replacement
  • New or replacement electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing systems
  • Most signs
  • Grading that disturbs areas in excess of 500 square feet, including septic system repairs and replacements
  • Changes to existing building use or occupancy
  • Most decorative walls and driveway entrance columns
  • Retaining walls
  • Swimming pools, spas, or hot tubs
  • Solicitation
  • Tennis and sport courts
  • Demolition

Please note the above list of permits is not all inclusive. If you have a question about the need for a permit, or the permitting process, contact the Township Building at (610) 584-1410.

Is open burning allowed in the Township?

The burning of leaves, yard waste, or other materials is prohibited in Worcester Township, unless the fire set in conjunction with the production of agricultural commodities in their unmanufactured state on the premises of a farm operation, as permitted by State Law. In other words, unless you're a farmer, you can't open burn.

What happens if a Township plow damages my mailbox?

Mailboxes installed in the public right-of-way are at installed at the property owners' risk. Please ensure the mailbox is installed in accordance to the specifications of the United States Postal Service.

Worcester Township will reimburse a property owner for a portion of the cost to replace a mailbox only when the mailbox is struck by the plow blade or the truck. The Township does not provide reimbursement for damage caused by snow, ice and other debris that is thrown from the plow blade. Of course, the Township is only responsible for damages caused by Township vehicles operating on Township-owned roadways only.

If your mailbox is struck by the plow blade or the truck, please report this to the Township immediately. During normal business hours call the Township Building at (610) 584-1410. If the Township Building is closed, or if it's after business hours, e-mail your name, property address and contract information to

How do I know who plows and maintains my road?

Roads are plowed and maintained by the road owner. Public roads in the Township are owned by the Township, Montgomery County or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. And there are many private roads in the community, with most owned by a homeowners' association. To locate the owner of a road view the document below:

How do I recycle electronics?

The Township does not conduct regularly-scheduled electronic collection events. The Township does its best to advertise third-party recycling events on its social media sites and on its webpage.

Although State Law requires electronics manufacturers to offer recycling opportunities for TVs and computers, those manufacturers are no longer sponsoring county recycling collections in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. Concern about the lack of county collection events should be directed to your State Representative and State Senator. An amendment to the State's electronics recycling law, called the Covered Device Recycling Act, is needed to ensure the availability of recycling outlets. Additional information can be found at the Montgomery County website.

Whom should I contact to report a stray dog?

Contact the Montgomery County Dog Warden at (610) 909-1173. Folks may also report a stray dog, and other dog-related problems, to the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture using the Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement Complaint Form. View more information about dog laws in the Commonwealth.

Worcester Township

1721 South Valley Forge Road
P.O. Box 767
Worcester, PA 19490

Phone: (610) 584-1410 Fax: (610) 584-8901

Monday-Friday: 7:00 am - 4:30 pm